What is Eiichiro Oda Net Worth?
Eiichiro Oda Net Worth is US$ 230 Million as of 2022.
|Net Worth||US$ 230 Million|
|Born:||January 1, 1975 (48 Years)|
|Also known as||Tsukihimizu Kikondo|
|Country of Origin||Japan|
|Source of Wealth||Manga Artist, Film-maker|
|Spouse||Chiaki Inaba (2004)|
|Famous For||One Piece|
Table of Contents
Eiichiro Oda is a manga artist from Japan. His manga One Piece is what made him most famous. The best-selling manga in history is called One Piece. Over 500 million copies have been sold worldwide. Because of the success of the series, he is recognized as the manga artist that changed the course of the manga.
Eiichiro Oda married Chiaki Inaba in 2004. Chiaki performed the role of Nami in A Jump Fiesta. Oda was 29 and Inaba was 26 when they got married in November 2004. Inaba played Nami in the 2002 stage production of “Jump Festa One Piece,” where the couple first became acquainted. After getting married, Inaba gave up acting and modeling. The first daughter of the pair was born in 2006, and a second daughter was born in 2009. Oda’s demanding work schedule is the reason the couple unusually spends most of their time apart from one another. He typically sees his wife and daughters once a week, and he spends time with them throughout the holidays.
He gets along well with Toriko author Mitsutoshi Shimabukuro. Masashi Kishimoto is both his friend and rival in his eyes.
Eiichiro Oda was born on January 1st, 1975, in Japan. In order to avoid getting a job, he aspired to become a manga artist at the age of 4. He admires Akira Toriyama a lot, the creator of Dragon Ball. Oda enjoys Dragon Ball a lot, he claims it is his inspiration. He was a big fan of pirates as a kid.
In 1992, when he was 17 years old, he acquiesced his piece “Wanted!”. and took home a number of prizes, together with second place in the award for prestigious Tezuka manga. Before winning the Hop Step Award for emerging artists, he served as Nobuhiro Watsuki’s assistant artist at the age of 19 on the manga “Rurouni Kenshin.” He created two one-shot stories with a pirate theme called “Romance Dawn” at that time. One Piece made its debut in issue #34 of Weekly Shonen Jump magazine in 1997, as it quickly rose to the top of the Japanese manga charts (after the “Dragon Ball” series). Akira Toriyama had the largest impact on him. Known for creating “Dr. Slump” and “Dragon Ball.” Additionally, he and Toriyama created the one-shot manga “Cross Epoch.” a crossover enclosing characters from both One Piece and Dragon Ball.
In addition to creating manga, Oda has worked on a variety of other projects, such as creating films based on his work, designing costumes for movies, serving as a creative director, and lending voices to his characters. He served as executive producer, costume designer, screenplay writer, and monster designer for the 2009 movie “One Piece Film: Strong World.” Three years later, he served as executive producer, costume designer, and character designer for the movie “One Piece Film: Z.” He played the same characters in the movies “One Piece Film: Gold” in 2016 and “One Piece Film: Stampede” in 2019.
One Piece: Dream Soccer King! featured a television special with Oda providing the voice for the character Odacchi. The manga creator also served as the executive producer for the Netflix and Tomorrow Studios-commissioned live-action “One Piece” series. Stepping outside the manga universe, Oda worked with French luxury maker S.T. Dupont to create a line of high-end products. The “Sleeping Mermaid Collection” was the name of the grouping. Despite being unrelated to “One Piece,” a lighter from this collection was utilized in the production of “One Piece Film: Z” and even made an appearance in the manga.
Eiichiro Oda’s Net Worth Growth
The $230 million estimated net worth of Eiichiro Oda comes from Celebrity Net Worth. He has primarily supported himself as a manga artist. In addition, he has earned money through producing movies and from a number of other businesses, including designing a line of high-end items.
- Second half of 1992: second place in Tezuka Award for Wanted!
- 1993: Hop☆Step Award for Ikki Yakō
- 2000: Tezuka Osamu Cultural Prize finalist for One Piece
- 2001: Tezuka Osamu Cultural Prize finalist for One Piece
- 2002: Tezuka Osamu Cultural Prize finalist for One Piece
- 2005: Sondermann Award in the International Manga category for One Piece
- 2006: Japanese Media Arts Festival 100 Manga Selection for One Piece
- 2008: Sondermann Award in the International Manga category for Volume 44 of One Piece
- 2009: Sondermann Award in the International Manga category for Volume 48 of One Piece
- 2012: Received Grand Prize at the 41st Japan Cartoonists Association Award for One Piece
- 2015: Guinness World Record for “the most copies published for the same comic book series by a single author” with 320,866,000 copies printed worldwide up until December 2014
- 2018: Kumamoto Prefecture Honorary Prize
- 2019: Most Searched Author at The Yahoo! Japan Search Awards
- 2019: Included in the list of Newsweek Japan’s “100 Globally Respected Japanese People.”
- 2022: Special Lifetime Achievement Award at Napoli Comicon 2022 in Italy
- 2022: Guinness World Record for “the most copies published for the same comic book series by a single author” with 516,566,000 copies printed worldwide up until July 2022
- One Piece Film: Strong World (2009) – costume design, creature design, story, and executive producer
- One Piece Film: Z (2012) – a character designer, costume designer, and executive producer
- One Piece Film: Gold (2016) – character design (Straw Hat costume design, Carina, Tesoro, Dice, and Baccarat character design) and executive producer
- One Piece: Stampede (2019) – a character design, costume design, creative supervisor, and executive producer
- One Piece Film: Red (2022) – executive producer, character designer, and script reviewer
- Wanted! (1992)
- God’s Present for the Future (神から未来のプレゼント, Kami Kara Mirai no Purezento, 1993)
- Ikki Yakō (一鬼夜行, 1993)
- Monsters (1994)
- Romance Dawn (first version, 1996)
- Romance Dawn (second version, 1996)
- One Piece (1997 – ongoing)
- Wanted! Eiichiro Oda Short Stories (WANTED! 尾田栄一郎短編集, Oda Eiichirō Tanpenshū, collection of previous short stories, 1998)
- Wanted! (1992)
- God’s Present for the Future
- Ikki Yakō
- Romance Dawn (second version)
- Cross Epoch (2007) – the crossover between Dragon Ball and One Piece with Akira Toriyama
- Taste of the Devil Fruit (実食! 悪魔の実!!, Jisshoku! Akuma no Mi!!, 2011) – the crossover between Toriko and One Piece with Mitsutoshi Shimabukuro
- One Piece Color Walk 1
- One Piece Color Walk 2
- One Piece Color Walk 3 Lion
- One Piece Color Walk 4 Eagle
- One Piece Color Walk 5 Shark
- One Piece Color Walk 6 Gorilla
- One Piece Color Walk 7 Tyrannosaurus
- One Piece Color Walk 8 Wolf
- One Piece Color Walk 9 Tiger
Favorite Quotes from Eiichiro Oda
“ It’s not about if I can! I’m doing this because I want to… If I have to die fighting for it, then I die.“– Eiichiro Oda
“Whether we wound or are wounded, the blood that flows is red.”– Eiichiro Oda
“Justice is based on values. And those change every generation.”– Eiichiro Oda
“Don’t forget to smile in any situation. As long as you are alive, there will be better things later, and there will be many.”– Eiichiro Oda
Frequently Asked Questions
Eiichiro Oda’s net worth is approx. US$230 Million.
In Nov 2004, Eiichiro Oda married to Chiaki Inaba.
Eiichiro Oda is famous for one piece.
Eiichiro Oda is a very successful writer, artist, and filmmaker. He is famous for One Piece.
What do you think about Eiichiro Oda net worth? Leave a comment below.