What is D. L. Hughley Net Worth?
D L Hughley Net Worth is US$ 10 Million as of 2022.
|Net Worth||US$ 10 Million|
|Born:||March 6, 1963 (60 Years)|
|Country of Origin||The United States|
|Source of Wealth||Comedian, Actor|
|Spouse||LaDonna Hughley (married. 1986)|
|Children||Ryan Nicole (Daughter), Kyle Aaris (Son), and Tyler Whitney (Daughter)|
|Famous For||Original host of BET’s ComicView from 1992 to 1993|
Table of Contents
D. L. Hughley is an American stand-up comedian well known for BET’s ComicView. He has a total net worth of US$ 10 million in 2022. He is one of the four members of The Original Kings of Comedy, along with Cedric the Entertainer, Steve Harvey, and Bernie Mac. He is famous among people for his unique style and punch lines.
D. L. Hughley was born on March 6, 1963, in Portsmouth, Virginia. He has three siblings and he is the second child. He grew up in Los Angeles and his family moved after he was born. He has troubled in his teen years as he became a gang member and was expelled from school. Later, he got his GED and started working for Los Angeles Times.
In 1992, Hughley started his career as a host of the BET stand-up comedy show “Comic View” and gained popularity. In 1998, he wrote, produced, and started a show “The Hughleys”. The show ran on ABC and UPN for four years and had a total of 89 episodes. He hosted a show “Weekends at the D.L.” for comedy central and released a comedy album in 2005. He played a role in the movie “Scary Movie 3m”.
He has given voice to various characters in movies such as Gadget Mobile in “Inspector Gadget”, and Brer Fox in “The Adventures of Brer Rabbit”. He has performed in episodes of “Scrubs” as Turk’s Brother, “The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air”, “Hawaii Five-O”, “Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip”, and “Glory Daze”. He guest-hosted for various shows such as “The View” and “Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?“.
In October 2008, he hosted a show “D.L. Hughley Breaks the News” for CNN channel which was a comedy news show that covered news from entertainment, sports, politics, etc. The show premiered for just five months and he moved back to Los Angeles to live with his family. He worked from Los Angeles for CNN as a contributor from LA. In 2013, he appeared in “Dancing with the Stars”. Since 2019, he hosted a television show “The D.L. Hughley Show“. He launched a radio program, The D.L. Hughley Morning Show, on WRKS New York City.
Hughley’s show was canceled shortly after it went head-to-head with Steve Harvey‘s Morning Show. Hughley was able to move on after Kiss FM removed the syndicated program’s schedule in August 2010. Hughley was promoted to host “The D.L. Hughley Show” on REACH Media’s afternoon drive. Kiss FM had already dropped Hughley in August 2010. Hughley has authored four books. The first book was published in 2012, “I Want to Shut the F#ck Up: Why the Audacity of Dopes is Ruining America”.
In June 2017, his second book, “Black Man, White House: An Oral History of the Obama Years”, was published. In June 2018, he published “How Not to Get Shot: And Other Advice by White People.” Hughley published “Surrender White People: Our Unconditional Conditions for Peace” on June 30, 2020.
D. L. Hughley was married to LaDonna Hughley in February 1986. Their children are Ryan and Tyler. Hughley discusses how Kyle was diagnosed with Asperger’s syndrome as a youngster.
Hughley was interviewed by Angela Yee for the Lipservice podcast in November 2017. Hughley talked about his affair with a woman early in his marriage. Unknowingly, he had a child with his extramarital love. Tragically, his nine-month-old son was murdered by his mother’s boyfriend. Ladonna discovered the tragedy and was deeply saddened and affected. She began to provide financial help for her ex-lover. D.L. didn’t know this was happening, so LaDonna kept it secret.
Hughley collapsed in Nashville on June 19, 2020, after he fell while performing at a club. He was later diagnosed with COVID-19. He was asymptomatic. His son and some members of his crew on the radio tested positive for COVID-19.
D L Hughley Net Worth
D. L. Hughley net worth is US$ 10 million in 2022. He earned his net worth from comedy shows on television and radio. He earned his net worth by hosting comedy shows, working in television shows, and also in films. He earns through different brands’ endorsements.
Here are some of the highlights of D. L. Hughley’s career:
- Year – 1999; Inspector Gadget; Role – Gadget mobile (Voice)
- Year – 2000; The Original Kings of Comedy; Role – Himself
- Year – 2001; Brothers; Role – Derrick West
- Year – 2003; Inspector Gadget 2; Role – Gadget mobile (Voice)
- Year – 2003; Chasing Papi; Role – Rodrigo
- Year – 2003; Scary Movie 3; Role – John Wilson
- Year – 2004; Soul Plane; Role – Johnny
- Year – 2005; Shackles; Role – Ben Cross
- Year – 2006; Cloud 9; Role – Tenspot
- Year – 2006; The Adventures of Brer Rabbit; Role – Brer Fox (Voice)
- Year – 2007; D.L. Hughley: Unapologetic; Role – Host
- Year – 2008; Spy School; Role – Albert
- Year – 2014; D.L. Hughley: Reset; Role – Host
- Year – 2018; D.L. Hughley: Contrarian: Reset; Role – Host
- Year – 1992; One Night Stand; Role – Himself (Comedy Special)
- Year – 1993; The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air; Role – Keith (Guest star)
- Year – 1994; HBO Comedy Half-Hour; Role – Himself (Comedy Special)
- Year – 1995; Double Rush; Role – Marlon (Main cast)
- Year – 1997; Sister, Sister; Role – Hank (Episode: “Slime Party”)
- Year – 1998–2002; The Hughley’s; Role – Darryl Hughley (Lead role)
- Year – 2000; America’s Funniest Home Videos; Role – Himself (Host in several specials)
- Year – 2001; The Parkers; Role – Darryl Hughley (Crossover appearance)
- Year – 2003; Scrubs; Role – Kevin Turk (Guest star)
- Year – 2003; Premium Blend; Role – Himself (Host)
- Year – 2005; Weekends at the D. L.; Role – Himself (Host)
- Year – 2006–2007; Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip; Role – Simon Stiles (Lead role)
- Year – 2010; Hawaii Five-0; Role – Skeet (Guest star)
- Year – 2011; Who Wants to Be a Millionaire; Role – Guest host
- Year – 2012; DL Hughley: The Endangered List; Role – DL Hughley (Executive producer, Star)
- Year – 2013; Dancing with the Stars; Role – Himself (Contestant)
- Year – 2013; Trust Me, I’m a Game Show Host; Role – Himself (Co-host)
- Year – 2016; Heartbeat; Role – Dr. Hackett
- Year – 2016; Match Game; Role – Himself (Panelist)
- Year – 2017; The Comedy Get Down; Role – Himself
- Year – 2018; The Fix; Role – Himself (Team Captain)
- Year – 2019; The D.L. Hughley Show; Role – Himself (Host)
Favorite Quotes from D. L. Hughley
“One of the most beautiful things in the world I’ve ever seen or heard is people laughing, even when there seems to be so little reason for them to laugh.”– D. L. Hughley
“No matter how bad things are; you can at least be happy that you woke up this morning.”– D. L. Hughley
“Everybody wants to be great at something.”– D. L. Hughley
Keys Life Lessons from D. L. Hughley
We now know everything about D. L. Hughley and his net worth. Let’s look at some of his lessons.
With hard work and determination, one can achieve everything that one wants to achieve.
Focusing on what we are doing right now is more important than what we did in the past. As we can’t change the past but we can certainly change the present by focusing on the actions that give us final results.
Frequently Asked Questions
Hughley net worth was estimated at US$ 10 million as of 2022.
D.L. Hughley earns around US$ 100,000 per year.
LaDonna Hughley is the wife of D.L. Hughley.
D. L. Hughley is a famous American personality known for his comedy shows such as “ComicView”, “The Hughleys”, and “The Original Kings of Comedy”. He has earned a total net worth of US$ 10 million. He struggled in his early life but was able to understand his passion which he followed.
What do you think about D. L. Hughley net worth? Leave a comment below.